Nice catch off of Walnut Creek|
June 29th, 2011
Walleye action seems to have picked up somewhat. Boaters have been picking up eyes in shallower water, 25 to 45 feet and in 60 to 65 feet North of the Point and West to Walnut Creek. Michigan Stinger spoons and crawler harnesses are always good starter choices. Reef runners in gold and copper have been triggering good strikes as well as.
The Stateline ponds along Interstate 90 at the Ohio line have had very little fishing pressure lately. This can be a good place to try your luck for crappie, perch, and sunfish. The ponds also hold a fair number of bass. The Stateline ponds are relatively shallow and are a good place to use a canoe or small car top boats. There are no launch ramps and most of the area is primitive.
Current Lake Erie water temperature off Erie is 66 degrees
Drinking, Boating, and the Law:
Maintaining Your Bilge Pump and Bilge Area:
1) Inspect the bilge pump regularly, about once a month.
2) Check the bilge pump action by lifting the float manually to ensure that the pump kicks on automatically.
3) Make sure no debris blocks the pivot arm from rising and falling.
4) Look for corrosion and rust, particularly on wires and connections.
5) Check for loose wires and replace or resplice corroded wires. Make sure the wires are positioned above the high
6) Take note of the amount of water in the bilge. If it is excessive, check the source and address the problem.
7) Make sure any fittings below the waterline are double-clamped and free of leaks.
8) Bilge pumps should have power at all times. Make sure that yours is wired directly to the battery (or the main
9) Check the condition and voltage of the fuse to ensure it meets manufacturer specifications to avoid blowouts.
10) Always have a spare fuse on hand.
11) For continual bilge maintenance and odor control, pour about a half-cup of a quality bilge cleaner into the bilge weekly over the course of the boating season. This will prevent debris buildup and avoid bilge pump malfunctions.
Wednesday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. West winds 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday Night...Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly clear. Lows in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.
Friday Night...Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Warmer with lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Saturday...Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Saturday Night...Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Sunday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s.
Sunday Night...Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Independence Day...Mostly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. Chance of rain 30 percent.