July 16th, 2008|
West Erie County, DWCO Randy Leighton, WCO Brook Tolbert,
Perch fishing on Lake Erie has remains excellent with limit upon limit being brought in Hot spots are 52 feet north of Walnut Creek, and 52-55 feet north of the Point at Presque Isle. Walleye fishing has been good to excellent with more and more boats heading for deeper water. 62 to 65 feet of water on the south side of the first trench just west of Walnut Creek has been a target area. Current Lake Erie Water temperature off Toledo is 72 degrees, off Cleveland, 72 degrees, and off the Port of Erie, 73 degrees.
Water Skiing Activities:
Water-skiing by law is described as being towed on a device on or through the water by a boat. This would include conventional water-skis, tubes aquaplanes, kneeboards, air mattresses, parasails, kite skis and other similar devices. Regulations for water-ski activities include the following:
1) It is unlawful for a person to operate a boat on Commonwealth waters for water-skiing unless each person being towed is wearing a Type I, II, III, or V Coast guard approved PFD. "Ski belts" and inflatable PFDs are not acceptable.
2) Water-skiing is permitted only between the hours of sunrise and sunset.
3) It is unlawful for a person to operate a boat on Commonwealth waters pulling a water-skier without having at least one additional competent observer on board. The observer must be seated in a position to effectively observe the person being towed. A Jet Ski pulling a skier must have an observer as well and must be capable of carrying a minimum of 3 people.
4) Conventional water-skis and similar devices may have no tow ropes longer than 80' (longer ropes are permitted for kite skis and parasails only.) and no shorter than 20 feet
5) A water-skier is not permitted to be returned to the dock or shore under power. The skier shall release outside the 100' no wake limit. Skiers are permitted to start from the shore or dock if the traffic situation permits this to be done safely and in accordance with other water ski regulations.
Pets on Boat
Have your dog wear a Personal Flotation Device (PFD). Pet PFDs are sold by all the major marine vendors. Don't just buy the PFD, practice putting the vest on your pet, as well as having it swim with the PFD. It's a new experience for them, and they should get used to wearing it
Discover Presque Isle:
Wednesday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming south after midnight.
Thursday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 60s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
Friday...Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s.
Friday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s.
Saturday...Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Saturday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s.
Sunday...Partly sunny. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Sunday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s.
Monday...Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs around 80. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Monday Night...Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 60s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Tuesday...Partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Chance of rain 40 percent